The Benefit of this dish is that you get to be fancy and make something deconstructed. IE, a new form form of an old favorite. Love avocados and eat about 1/2-1 a day. It's 'Good Fat' but just so good. I could probably dedicate an entire blog to just avocados (So be prepared to see them in the spotlight several times). This is more of a salad using avocados, fresh Radish and Spring flavors.
I Love Fresh Radishes. Here we are still in the middle of Winter in Colorado but I can already see these as my first Spring Crops. They are so fast to grow that I am already excited to have them be one of the first crops put into my Spring Garden. They are a nice pair with the mellow creaminess of avocados in this recipe.
Definitely a great salad to go with a full meal. Light and flavorful it will tease the taste buds but not be too filling.
Stuff You'll Need
- 3 small avocados
- 3 small oranges
- 2 cups radishes, diced
- 1 ½ cups finely chopped romaine lettuce
- 6 green onions, finely chopped (1 cup)
- 3 Tbs. lime juice
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 1–2 drops hot sauce, optional
1. Halve and pit avocados. Score each avocado half 7 times lengthwise and 7 times crosswise to dice. Scoop out with soup spoon, and place avocado dice in large bowl. Reserve avocado shells.
2. Cut peel and pith from oranges with knife, then slice each orange into 4 slices. Cut each orange slice into 6 small triangular pieces. Add to bowl with diced avocado. Add radishes, romaine, green onions, lime juice, cilantro, and hot sauce (if using) to bowl. Season with salt and pepper, if desired, and gently toss to coat.
3. Scoop avocado mixture into avocado shells.