Last week I posted a recipe and link on making homemade pasta. This recipe is going to also need homemade pasta but filled raviolis. These are no harder to make but you either need a Ravioli pan or attachment for your pasta roller. You can of course also do this by hand 100%. They made some great handheld stamps for filled pastas that you can use on your rolled out pasta sheets.
You will want to prepare your Pasta dough 1/2 way through the cooking of the beets or while they are cooling. The beets take an hour to roast so there's enough time to plan this out. You really just don't want your pasta rolled out and getting dry while everything is cooking. The fresher the pasta the better.
2 large red or golden beets
1/2 Cup fresh whole milk ricotta
2 TBSP dried breadcrumbs
Fresh Pasta sheets, rolled
1/2 Cup butter
1 TBSP Poppy Seeds
Fresh Parmesan Cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 400. Wrap the beets individually in aluminum foil and place on a baking sheet. Bake until tender, about 1 hour. Open foil carefully and allow to cool.
2. Peel Beats and finely grate in a food processor. Transfer to a bowl.
3. Add Ricotta Cheese, and season with salt and pepper. Stir in breadcrumbs.
4. Fill your ravioli with the filling. Freeze any extra on a baking sheet so that they do not freeze together. Set aside the fresh ravioli that you will be eating.
5. Melt butter in a saucepan and stir in poppy seeds. Keep warm.
6. Cook the pasta in boiling water for about 2 minutes. They will be floating when they are cooked.
7. Carefully toss in butter sauce and serve with salt, pepper, and Parmesan Cheese.