Now that nice weather is coming around it's making us want to entertain more. The usual problem is coming up with some creative apps but always seems like the day of you go blank. This is a quickie so if unexpected company is soon to arrive and you have a few things on hand, these will be warm and ready before they ring the doorbell. These will give you more time to hide the rest of the stuff that Company shouldn't see.
1 Sheet of Puff Pastry cut into small squares.
1/2 Small Onion
1/2 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
8 Small button mushrooms
1 TBSP dried thyme
Salt and Pepper
4-5 Sun-dried tomatoes minced.
1. In a medium hot pan saute the onions and mushrooms together until browned. Add thyme.
Preheat Oven to 400.
2. Place pastry on a parchment lined baking sheet.
3. Spread a generous layer of the sauted onions/mushrooms on the Puff Pastry.
4. Top with Cheddar Chees and sundried tomatoes.
5. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown
6. Season with Salt and Pepper before serving.
Those go GREAT with a glass of wine and good conversation.