Having a nice Spring cold makes me want to toss lots of good vitamins and superfoods into my body to help speed recovery. Thanks to Vegetarian Times, this was a great quick energy booster.
The Original Recipe can be found
The Best Part was that it gave me an excuse to buy some Honey Dew at the store and it instantly made me feel better. After all, it's one of my favorite Melons.
- 1 packed cup ½-inch cubes honeydew melon (5½ oz.)
- ½ cup lime-flavored club soda
- ¼ cup packed chopped fresh mint
- 3 Tbs. vanilla soy-, almond, or rice milk, optional
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- 3 Tbs. fresh lime juice
- 1 3-oz. extra-ripe kiwifruit, halved, flesh scooped out with spoon
- 2 cups packed Swiss chard, stemmed and sliced into ½-inch-thick strips
Place all ingredients in blender in order listed. Blend 15 to 20 seconds, or until smoothie is thick, adding more lime juice if desired. Chill well, and whisk before serving, or pour over ice, and serve immediately.