Sometimes foraging around in the refrigerator yields the best ingredients when it comes to making a Frittata. Today I managed to find some Swiss chard that was just starting to wilt and a small handful of cherry tomatoes. Pretty much the perfect combination for a Frittata.
The key to making the chard liven up a bit is just to soak it in cold water for 10 minutes and it quickly came back to life.
For this recipe you will need:
2 Cups loosely packed chopped swiss chard
1/4 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
1/8 Cup shredded Sharp Cheddar
1/2 of a small onion
Red Pepper Flakes
8 Cherry tomatoes, halved.
Salt and Pepper.
1. Preheat the oven on broil. Meanwhile heat a cast iron skillet or any oven proof pan on the stove top over medium heat. Saute the onions in oil until starting to brown. Add in the Chard and continue to saute until well wilted.
2. Add Red Pepper flakes and season with salt and Pepper.
3. Beat the eggs with 1 TBSP water in a bowl then pour into pan covering all of the chard mixture well. Let this cook until bubbly but still slightly running.
4. Add cheese on top, then top with the tomato halves.
5. Place in broiler and watch it carefully. You want the cheese melted and starting to brown.